Tayport Community Enterprises Ltd., a sub-group of Tayport Community Trust.
It has its own separate Board of Directors.
Tayport Community Trust was established in 2008 in Tayport, in North East Fife. It operates as a voluntary organisation and is registered as a Charity (SC042558) and a Company Limited by Guarantee (SC350253). It includes representation from or involvement with many local organisations and is an active development trust. It has a range of initiatives most notably the successful procurement and running of the Harbour Café, a community catering outlet. Along with the Harbour Café the new Larick Centre Café and pending campsite will be operated by Tayport Community Enterprises , a wholly owned trading subsidiary of TCT. It also operates the PLANT gardening group which has a range of Community Gardening opportunities on various sites around the town.
The intent of Tayport Community Trust is to provide a structure that contributes to a vibrant and sustainable community, with improved quality of life, and which allows the whole community the opportunity to fulfil their social aspirations.
The overall aims of Tayport Community Trust are:
- The provision and improvement of community and sports facilities in Tayport
- Increasing the strength and capacity of the Tayport community to attract additional resources
- Promoting co-operation between existing Tayport organisations to mutual advantage
- Acting as a clearing house for communication and co-ordination in promoting these objectives
- Promoting environmentally friendly and sustainable policies at every stage of our business
The Trust has negotiated the asset transfer of a 3 acre, former steel fabrication works site in Tayport from Fife Council that has lain derelict for around 20 years. Over many years, the Trust has undertaken a range of market research, and has engaged with the general public as follows:
- Stakeholder and partner interviews
- Strategic and demographic review
- User and customer Survey
- Focus group and open meetings
- Case Studies
- Competitive analysis
- Partner Evaluation
- Exhibition events