Larick Cafe Customer Service Manager
Do you want to lead the next phase of development for our new, community-run Larick Café?
We need someone with energy, motivation and strong customer focus to expand our service and grow our customer base, generating income that we can reinvest into the Tayport community.
The purpose-built Larick community centre opened in 2020 and has since won several architectural design awards. Located within the town of Tayport and on the Fife Coastal Path, the Larick incorporates the café, activity and sports halls, and a popular campsite.
It is 4 miles from Dundee and 11 miles from St Andrews.
The Larick Café Customer Service Manager will have full responsibility for the day-to-day running of the café and work in partnership with the community centre and campsite staff to deliver a first-class service to all our community and visitor customers. A key part of the role will be to identify and develop new, creative and innovative opportunities to build a great service and grow our income.
The postholder will work in partnership with the wider staff team, supporting a culture of joint working and common purpose. They will lead, train, encourage and motivate our staff and volunteer team to deliver great customer experiences and attractive events to the local and wider communities.
You will have
- Excellent people skills with high energy and enthusiasm. Highly-motivated yourself, you will able to motivate and encourage others, to build a positive team spirit.
- Clear focus on customer experience, team culture, creative solutions, and innovation.
- Relevant experience in hospitality and be able to demonstrate your past achievements by reference to clear evidence of success.
- Experience marketing hospitality across various channels and media.
- Previously managed, led and developed a high-performing and enthusiastic team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills give you the confidence and ability to interact courteously and helpfully with staff, volunteers, customers, and other stakeholders at all times.
- Ability to maintain calmness and focus under pressure.
- Demonstrable skills in successful budget and financial management, combined with clear evidence of commercial awareness and sales experience.
We have just begun our ambitious journey to place the Larick at the heart of the Tayport community and attract new visitors to this beautiful location with all it has to offer.
There is exciting potential for the Larick and the community and customers it serves, and this new role will play a big part in realising this potential. In turn, the role offers the successful candidate a rare opportunity – not just to shape, develop and establish a great café and catering service but to make a positive difference for the local community.