Tayport Community Enterprises has a vacancy for a Café Manager at The Larick Café
Tayport Community Enterprises (TCE) currently has a fantastic opportunity for a Café Manager for our newly built, community run, Larick Centre Café.
The Trust has ensured the kitchen can cater for a mix of cooked foods as we are also aim to open a campsite on our site in mid2020 and to provide a service for our tourist visitors.
The café will start with serving with a selection of sandwiches, cakes, hot food, teas and coffees and then develop our services, depending on customer demand/requirements. The Trust has ambitions to source all products/ingredients locally and provide a healthy and sustainable menu.
The Larick Café Manager will work closely with the Centre’s Project Coordinator to take advantage of opportunities that will benefit the local community and café business, for example events, catering, etc. We plan to open the Café on a 5 day a week basis (Thursday to Monday) with the aim to expand the opening hours as we establish demand.
The ideal manager will need to have strong people management skills and be experienced in food preparation.
We are ideally looking for someone with the following experience and personality:
experience from a branded café, restaurant, pub, retail or leisure background
– a warm and welcoming personality
– a sound business knowledge and can think outside the box to drive the business forward
– experience of being financially accountable for a business and working towards budgets
– a really enthusiastic individual who can hit the ground running
– a strong team player and who can bring out the best in their team
– a belief in and sympathy with environmental requirements and social enterprises
Full time position 37.5/hours per week
Start Date: 27th January 2020
Please use the application form to apply
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org